Telekom Publishes Its Own Android Cell Phone
The T Phone is the first smartphone made by Telekom and sold in Germany. In 2008, the phone company tried it with the T-Mobile G1, a sliding phone, but it didn’t work at all. On the other hand, the new Android cell phone from the same company is very impressive.
Telecom Smartphone Comes In Two Versions
The new Android phone from Telekom should be on the German market by the beginning of 2023. You will then be able to choose between the basic model and the Pro model.
Both phones were made with help from Google, and they are based on T-Mobile US’s “REVVL” series. Overseas, telecom smartphones are not that rare. In Germany, the group is entering the smartphone market for the first time, competing with Samsung, Apple, and others.
5G Smartphones For Little Money
People who are eligible for ACP or Lifeline can get free 5G government phones from some companies. StandUp Wireless, SafeLink, Assurance Wireless, and Cintex Wireless are some of these companies. Not every company has 5G phone service in every state.
But both models have a unique selling point: they can work with 5G. Even Telekom admits that this is the point of the T Phone. The press release says right at the beginning, “The 5G smartphone will be released in nine European countries with the goal of making 5G available to the general public.”
Reading tip: What’s the difference between 4G, 5G, and LTE?
Because of this, both Android phones are also very inexpensive. The regular T Phone should already cost 199 euros. And you only have to put 249 euros on the table for the Pro.
The Most Important Specs At A Glance
- Obviously, you can’t expect too much from cell phones that cost so little. The specs of the device still make a strong impression.
- You can expect the operating system to be Android 12.
- Face recognition and fingerprint sensors are both built into both phones as security features.
- The battery in the Pro model is a little bit stronger, with 5,000 milliamp hours (mAh) instead of 4,500 mAh.
- The T Phone Pro has 6 GB of RAM, while the basic model only has 4 GB. However, a micro SD card can be used to add up to 2 TB of space to either phone.
- And Telekom has the right 5G plan for fast surfing, of course. But if you want the best terms, you should first read our money-saving tip for cell phone plans.