If you are a game lover, you would have surely come across Roblox. Roblox is an online game platform that allows users to both create new games and play the games created by other users. The idea of the platform is truly exciting enough to attract a lot of gamers! In Roblox, you can find numerous interesting mini-games.
Developed by Roblox Corporation, the game was released in 2006. It is a popular game in the market with more users piling up after the pandemic. One of the main reasons for its wide reach is its free-to-play feature. Through Robux – the game’s virtual currency, the players can make in-game purchases.
As of now, the game has more than 160 million monthly active players. The game has received positive feedback from the players and critics. At times, players of Roblox get upset when the game suddenly stops working. This has affected many players of the game. If you are one among them, do not worry, as we are here to give you some useful tips to solve this problem.
Sometimes Roblox just won’t launch because of slow internet or interrupted internet connection. The other reasons may include improper installation files or offline servers. This article will list the proven solutions to your Roblox launching issue.
How to fix Roblox launching issue?
To fix the Roblox launching issue, follow the below instructions:
- Double-check the internet connection
You know Roblox is an online game. The game requires an internet connection to launch or play. If your internet connection is slow or interrupted, that might be the issue. You can check your internet speed by running a test. Test the upload and download speed of your internet connection.
In case, if your internet connection is slow, you may want to restart your modem and re-check the internet speed after that. You can also try unplugging the router and re-plugging it back after 10 seconds. After you have done this, you can do the speed test again to check the internet speed.
If your internet issue is solved, well and good. If not, you can try contacting your internet service provider and sort out the internet issue.
- Restart your computer
If the internet connection is good and still Roblox is not working, there might be an issue with your system. The installation files of Roblox might not have been loaded properly on your computer. So you can try restarting your computer. Restarting the computer may load Roblox’s installation files properly. You can restart your system by the following steps.
- Step 1 – Click the Windows button on your keyboard to view the start menu.
- Step 2 – Press the power options button.
- Step 3 – Now, you can press the restart button to restart your system.
After following these steps your computer will restart. Sometimes this might have solved the Roblox launching issue.
- Check the status of Roblox servers
As we know, Roblox is an online game. As it is an online game, the servers of Roblox may be having technical issues, which is why it is not launching. So, you can try checking the Roblox servers. You can visit the down detector to check the status of Roblox servers. You should know you cannot solve the Roblox server issues by yourself.
All you can do is waiting for the Roblox team to sort out the server issue. If the servers of Roblox are fine, then there might be some other reason for the launching issue.
- Reinstallation of Roblox
Another thing you can try to fix the Roblox launching problem is to re-install the Roblox game.
The installation files of Roblox may not have been loaded properly or there might be issues with them. This might stop the game from launching. So, you can fix the issue by re-installing Roblox.
To reinstall Roblox, please follow the below steps:
- Step 1 – From your computer, go to the control panel. Press the uninstall a program option.
- Step 2 – From the list, find the Roblox app.
- Step 3 – Now, you can right-click the Roblox app and press uninstall button.
Once Roblox is uninstalled from your computer, you can visit the website and download the Roblox latest installer version again. You can try playing another game and check if the Roblox issue has been sorted out. If the issue has not been solved, you can try the other methods given in this article.
- Deactivate / Disable proxy servers
Did you know? Proxy servers can slow down the internet speed in your computer. If you are not sure what is causing your Internet to slow down, it might be because of the proxy server on your computer. Though proxy servers keep the network secured, they can slow down the internet speed.
If Roblox is not working, you can try checking if you are using proxy servers. If yes, follow the below steps.
- Step 1 – From your computer, visit the start menu and search for internet options.
- Step 2 – After going to the internet options search for the connections tab.
- Step 3 – From the connections tab, press the LAN settings and tick the Automatically detect settings option.
- Step 4 – Now, check if the proxy server option is in OFF mode. Now you can click OK and save the changes.
See if Roblox is launching now. If the problem is solved, you can resume playing the games in Roblox. Otherwise, try and see the other methods.
- Turn OFF Ad-blockers
Many of you might be using ad-blockers on your computer browser. Before opening Roblox, turn OFF the Ad-blockers. If you didn’t know, Roblox will not launch on your system if the ad-blockers are turned ON. We know it is annoying to see so many advertisements while browsing the games in Roblox. But, once you start a game, the ads will not disturb your game.
So, you can turn OFF ad-blockers, as keeping it ON may prevent Roblox from launching. To turn OFF ad-blockers / browser extensions on your computer, follow the below steps:
- Step 1 – From your computer, go to the browser and navigate to the Settings option.
- Step 2 – Now, press the Extensions option in settings.
- Step 3 – Disable all the browser extensions.
This might have solved the Roblox launching issue for many of you. If the issue has still not been solved, check out the other methods to fix the problem.
- Clear browser cache and cookies
The next method that you can try to fix the Roblox launching issue is to clear the browsing cache and cookies from your computer. Once you select your favorite game in Roblox, ideally a pop-up box should appear, and ask you to launch the game. If this doesn’t happen, you might have to clear the cache and cookies.
Follow the steps given below to achieve the process:
- Step 1 – From your computer browser, click Ctrl + H buttons on the keyboard. The history tab will appear.
- Step 2 – From the History tab, press the Clear Browsing Data option from the side menu.
- Step 3 – Here, you can alter the Time Range to All Time. Then, tick the ‘Browsing History’, ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ & ‘Cached Images and Files’ options.
- Step 4 – Press the Clear Data button to clear the cache and cookies.
Now, you can launch the Roblox game and see if it is working.
- Use a different browser
Sometimes Roblox may just not launch due to the browser compatibility. The browser you use may face issues launching Roblox. So, try using a different browser and see if Roblox is working in that browser.
You should also check if the browser is updated and is of the latest version.
If your browser is fine and it isn’t the issue, you can try following other methods.
- Update the drivers
Keeping the drivers up-to-date is important to fix numerous issues with your computer. You can update the drivers through two methods.
- Manual method
- Automatic method
- Updating drivers manually
Use the Device Manager to update the drivers manually. You should know, the database of Windows is not updated regularly. So, Windows may not provide you with the latest version of drivers when you require it.
- Updating drivers automatically
Updating drivers manually require computer skills, time and a lot of patience. If manual updating of drivers isn’t your preferred choice, you can update drivers automatically using Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will recognize your computer automatically, search and find appropriate drivers for your system and OS version. It will also download and install drivers automatically. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Step 1 – From your system, download Driver Easy and install it.
- Step 2 – Now, run Driver Easy on your system and press the Scan Now option. Once you press this button, Driver Easy will scan your system and identify the issues with drivers.
- Step 3 – Let’s say, if you wish to update your network adapter driver and graphics driver, press the Update option beside the flagged drivers. The system will automatically download the right version of the drivers for the update. Now, after the download is complete, you can install them manually.
Note: This is possible only with the FREE version of drivers.
You can also choose to Update All for automatic downloading and installation of the right versions of all the drivers that are not up-to-date or are missing on your computer. This option will require the Pro version. The Pro version comes with a 30-days money-back policy and complete support. After you press Update all, you will be asked to upgrade.
- Resetting Internet Options in Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer, then this method is for you. But, the same method has been proven to solve Roblox issues on other browsers too. Follow the steps given below to reset the internet options on Internet Explorer:
- Step 1 – From your system, open Internet Explorer. If you cannot find Internet Explorer on the desktop, try finding it from the start menu or simply search for Internet Explorer from the search bar after pressing the start button.
- Step 2 – Press the gear-shaped icon present at the top-right corner of the page and click Internet options.
- Step 3 – Move to the Advanced tab; Press the Reset button.
- Step 4 – Choose the Delete personal settings option. Press Reset.
- Step 5 – Now, restart your computer so that the changes will appear.
See if this has fixed your Roblox issue. If not, follow the above fixes given in the article to solve the Roblox launching issue.
Why Roblox is popular among children?
Roblox is an online gaming platform that offers multiple mini-games. You can create your games in Roblox and also play the games created by other players. Though Roblox is popular among players of all age groups, it has a high number of teenage and kids users.
Children are crazy about the game as they can enter the game platform every day and sample different kinds of games. They are not forced to play one single game with the same gameplay or visuals. They can experience the feel of playing different game genres. Did you know? Over 150 million children play Roblox across the globe. Woah, that’s quite a big number!
Roblox uses coding to create a new game. But, even if the players do not have prior experience with coding or game designing, they can easily create new games in Roblox. Children use their imagination and creativity to design new games. Many believe that Roblox helps kids develop their imagination, creativity, programming and coding skills.
Many users often report issues with the launching or working of Roblox. This might be due to various reasons. From system issues to server errors, multiple factors can stop the working of Roblox. We have listed all the possible fixes to help you resolve the game launch issue. Follow the above steps and check if your Roblox issue is solved.