Public Wi-Fi has numerous fans, and you will find most people scrambling to ask for the password once they detect a free network. Unfortunately, free Wi-Fi networks such as hotels, restaurants, or your favorite coffee shop have potential risks. Hackers prey on such public and unsecured networks to steal personal information.
Most attackers use the Evil Twin attack, which mimics the real network. For instance, if your coffee shop Wi-Fi is called Donuts Wi-Fi, the attackers will create another Wi-Fi network and name it Donuts2 Wi-Fi. This misleading name will make many people assume the second network also belongs to the coffee shop and log in, while, in essence, they are logging into the attackers’ system.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are the safest way to log into public Wi-Fi networks. A VPN masks your IP and physical address and encrypts all your communication, making it impossible for eavesdroppers to access your data.
We have listed the best VPN services for you, and here you can find free-trial VPN software that you can try out before subscribing. Our focus was mainly on privacy, speed, reliability, and how long the trial period lasted.
1. Express VPN
Express VPN is our top pick among all the VPNs and gives you one month of a premium free trial. Its key features include:
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with service
- Over 3000 servers in more than 94 countries
- Excellent at bypassing stringent geo-restrictions
- Unlimited P2P and Tor Support
- Supports five device connection
- Unblocks Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu, and Disney +
- Compatible with various operating systems like Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Windows, routers, and browsers.
Surfshark is excellent for mobile free trials. Its key features include:
- 7-day free trial on iOS and Android
- Over 1,000 servers in over 60 countries
- Has unlimited device connections
- Blocks all malware, phishing, and data attacking
- Supports Torrent
- Unblocks HBO GO, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, ESPN, Sky TV, and DAZN
- It is compatible with Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, Windows, and most routers and browsers.
After the free trial, Surfshark costs you $1.99 per month.
NordVPN is cheap, easy and can bypass geo-restricted sites from anywhere in the world, but has no free trial.
- It has over 5,000 high-speed servers in over 60 countries.
- 30- day money-back guarantee
- A military-grade 256-bit encryption standard
- Seamless streaming via SmartPlay
- Unblocks BBC iPlayer, international Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, HBO GO
- Compatible with various multiple operating systems such as Android, macOS, iOS, Windows, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, gaming consoles, and most browsers.
- Live chat customer support is not 24/7, but you can email and expect a 24 hours response.
4. Private Internet Access
The Key features of Private Internet Access include:
- More than 3,300 servers in over 30 countries
- Complete P2P-enabled servers
- Stringent no-logging policy and an automatic kill switch
- PIA, MACE inbuilt malware blocker
- Unblocks Netflix UK, Canada, and the US. Also, unblocks BBC iPlayer, and other streaming sites.
- Multiple operating system support such as macOS, iOS, Windows, and Linux. Also supports browsers like Opera, Firefox, and Chrome.
Private Access Internet (PIA) offers private access to the internet and security protocols across multiple locations and browsers. PIA has no free trial period but provides a 30-day money-back if you are dissatisfied with their services.
PrivateVPN offers key features like:
- 7-day trial period with no payment or credit card information needed
- More than 150-servers in over 60 countries
- P2P optimized
- Unblocks Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, international Netflix, DAZN, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, and Disney +
- Multiple operating system support including macOS, Android, Linux, Windows, and most browsers and routers.
- Six device connection
- Bypasses even the Great Firewall of China
- AES256 encryption
- Automatic kill switch
- DNS/IP leak protection
- Stringent no logs policy
PrivateVPN free trial allows you unlimited access to all premium services for seven days. Since you do not have to give your credit card details, there is no risk of renewal charges after the trial period.
CyberGhost’s key features include:
- Over 6,000 servers in over 90 countries
- In-built adware, tracking, and malware blockers
- Torrent and streaming optimized servers
- Seven device connections
- Unblocks HBO GO, international Netflix, Vudu, DAZN, Showtime, and BBC iPlayer
- Compatible with different operating systems such as iOS, Windows, macOS, Android Linux, and various browsers and routers.
- Live ticket and chat support, online guides, and troubleshooting tutorials.
CyberGhost gives you an unlimited and free 24-hour trial period. All you do is download and start using it.
When choosing a VPN, ensure it has a high-speed connection, access geo-blocked sites, military-grade encryption, free trials, ease of use, and customer support.