Imagine you open your Facebook account and get the message “You are logged out, please login again.” In response, you enter your credentials and receive a notification “Incorrect Password/ username. Please Try Again.” Sounds Scary, isn’t it!!
We bet that this imagination only has made you really scared thinking that what would happen if someone gained illegal access to your pictures, messages, and whatnot. Cyber crimes and hacking are increasing day by day, and there’s a likelihood of you being trapped in the same.
Facebook account is no less than your personal space where you can keep your photos, memories, and exchange some secret messages with your loved ones. That is why getting your FB account hacked is one of the scariest feelings you’ve ever felt in your life. While the cases of Facebook accounts getting hacked aren’t uncommon, it is advised not to lose your calm in such a situation.
Is your FB account compromised and you have no idea how to recover the same? Don’t freak out as we are here to assist. Our experts have outlined the comprehensive guide covering the easy yet practical steps to recover your hacked Facebook account within a blink of an eye. So, without further ado, let’s get into it!!
How to know that your FB account has been hacked?
Sometimes, your password and email stay intact; but you find out some suspicious activities in your account. Here’re some of the ways to confirm that someone is accessing your account illegally.
Follow the steps mentioned to get the confirmation.
- First of all, log in to your Facebook account and click on the arrow dropdown available at the top right-hand corner.
- Tap on the Settings and Privacy tab and select the Settings option.
- Now, navigate to the Security and Login page and review where you are currently logged in or last logged in.
- Here, you will find out all devices where your account is currently logged in. If the list contains a location you don’t recognize, it means your account is hacked and it’s time to take the action.
In addition to this, there are some other ways indicating that your account has been hacked, such as:
- The appearance of irrelevant posts on your timeline
- Your details are changed in the FB account
- Messages are sent to your friends or unknown contacts
- A friend request is sent out to unknown people
A Guide to 2 Simple Ways to Recover your FB Account
Since you are now fully sure that your Facebook account has been hacked, it’s time to move on to follow the measures to get your account back. Here, we have outlined two simple ways through which you can easily get rid of the hacker in no time.
However, before jumping to these methods, make sure that you keep yourself calm and patient while performing the process as losing your chill will just make the situation tougher. Hence, keep you calm and follow any of these sure-shot ways to recover your account. Let’s get started!!
Method 1: Reset your Password
This is the case when you can still access your FB account and deep down know that your account is compromised. In that case, the best thing you can do is reset your password on your mobile and take the control back into your hands. Here’s how you can reset your FB account password with ease.
- First of all, launch the Facebook application on your mobile or browser, based on your choice.
- Now, it will be redirected you to the login page, where you have to enter the email and password to access your account. If you have created your account with a number, then insert a phone number instead.
- Once you are done adding information, click on the Login button and step into your FB account, where you’ll be able to see all of your posts, photos, contacts, and more.
- Go to the Settings page and tap on the Change Password option.
- Now, enter your current password, and the new password, and re-type the new password. Click on the Save Changes button and you are good to go.
Method 2: Change your password
So, you have been kicked out of your own account? Worry not as there’s a way out to get back your account within a few clicks. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below and change your password quickly.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone and click on the Need Help button at the bottom.
- There, you will see the option saying Forgot Password. Tap on it and it will instantly take you to the password resetting menu.
- Enter your email address or phone number and click on the Search button. It will then show up on your account.
- Now, choose an account recovery method. You can recover your account either via email or phone number.
- Once you are done choosing the method, tap on the Continue button at the bottom and it will then prompt Facebook to email or text a password reset code.
- You will then get a unique code either on your email or phone number, based on the option you have chosen in the previous step.
- Retrieve the six-digit code and enter the same at the password reset site. Make sure you type the exact code as sent by Facebook to avoid any discrepancy.
- Now, click on the Continue button and it will then take you to the next page where you can reset your password.
- Before you choose the new credential, first you have to choose between two options. These are – Keep me Loggin In and Log me out of other devices. Since you are recovering your FB account from the hackers, tick the second checkbox saying “Log me out of other devices.”
- Now, finally, enter a new password by following the guidelines and enter the password again to confirm. Make sure you choose the strong password this time which is tough to hack.
- Click on the Continue button and save changes.
That’s all about how you can recover a hacked FB account. We hope you have enjoyed reading the guide and found it worth your time. Every, now, and then, we hear about account hacking instances and you could be the next. Therefore, always keep an eye on activities going on in your account and change your password frequently to avoid any illegal access.
Don’t worry if your account gets comprised and follow the steps mentioned above to get it back. Feel free to share the guide with others and stay in touch with us for more useful information.