Connect Android PS4 Controller
Are you a big gamer, or do you just want to play games on your Android with the PS4 controller in comfort? We’ll show you how to use the PS4 controller to change the button assignments on Android so you can play the game you want. More and more people are playing games with a controller because, on the one hand, screens are getting bigger and you don’t need much to play a full game on your phone.
How To Connect Your Android Smartphone To The PS4 Controller
For many people, the question of how to connect the Android to the PS4 controller comes up right away. Here is a simple, step-by-step guide to connecting the controller quickly. You should know how to connect your smartphone to the PS4 controller, especially if you want to play a game quickly or are going on a long trip.
Connect Android To The PS4 Controller
- Open your Android’s Bluetooth settings and turn it on.
- Press the Share button and the PlayStation button on your PS4 controller. Now, your controller’s lights should begin to blink.
- The controller should then show up under the list of Bluetooth devices you can connect. Start a relationship.
- Now, you should be able to connect your Android to the PS4 controller.
- It’s also important to know how to change how the PS4 controller’s buttons work on Android. Even if your connection is set up quickly, you can’t play all games with your controller or it won’t be recognised at all. So the question arises how you can change the button assignment of the PS4 controller with your Android . In the next part, we’ll explain how this works.
How To Change Keybinds
Now that you have your PS4 controller hooked up, you want to play your game. Still, sometimes it doesn’t work the way you want it to because the keys are set up differently. You can now change what each button on your PS4 controller does. We’ll tell you how to do it in easy-to-follow steps.
Change Button Assignments On The PS4 Controller In The Game
In many games, you can change how the buttons on the PS4 controller are used. You can do this by giving each key its own function in the game settings. But these settings can’t be made for all games, which is a shame. This is especially true for games that are controlled by a touch screen.
Change Button Assignments On The PS4 Controller – Octopus App
With the Octopus app, it’s easy to change the way your controller works. You have to get the app from the Playstore before you can do this. After that, you should be good to go.
- On your phone, open the Octopus app.
- Using the app, you can connect your PS4 controller to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Choose the game you want to play from the ones you’ve downloaded and open it.
- Now, a window for the Octopus app will show up in your game. Here, choose Gamepad.
- Now, there are several fields on the playing surface that can be assigned to the different buttons on the controller. Now, put the keys you want in the fields. So, when you press the keys, you can use exactly these fields.
- After you set everything, it will be the same every time you play the game.
With the Octopus app, you can connect your Android to the PS4 controller, but you can also do a lot more. The Xbox can also be connected to a keyboard or game controller. You can save your settings in any way you want on any device.